- Long-time support for Mission 500 continues with special events at ISC West
- Illustrates HID Global’s ongoing commitment to give back to the community and make a difference in children’s lives
- Company will also participate in ISC West with demos of HID Mobile Access® and its new ActivID® Tap Authentication™ for Microsoft® service that simplifies login to applications and web services
- HID Global executive will present on “The Age of Wearables” during ISC Educational Session
LAS VEGAS, April 13, 2015 –ISC West–HID Global®, a worldwide leader in secure identity solutions is sponsoring two Mission 500 events at this week’s ISC West International Security Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas. Mission 500 is the security industry’s initiative to serve the needs of children and communities in crisis through partnership with the World Vision Christian humanitarian organization.
A Mission 500 sponsor for six years, HID Global is hosting a School Kit Build where volunteers will load backpacks with school supplies for local students at a Title One school in the Las Vegas area. The School Kit Build will take place in the visitor registration area on April 15th between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and is open to all volunteers.
“HID Global is deeply committed to Mission 500 and its goal to support children in crisis worldwide. Sponsoring the backpack build and the 5K run reflects our dedication to give back to communities around the world where we live, work and operate,” said Denis Hébert, HID Global President and CEO. “It is incumbent upon us to help children in need today for they are our future. A backpack filled with school supplies may seem like a small contribution but it can make a huge difference in a child’s life.”
The Security 5k Run/2k Walk will be held on Thursday morning, April 16 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Mission 500 will use all race proceeds to provide food, clothing, education and disaster relief to children and families in need in the United States, as well as provide ongoing support to projects in India and Tanzania. Additional information about each event is available on the ISC West events pages or by emailing email@example.com.
HID Global live demos and presentations at ISC West 2015, Booth #11063
- Demonstrations of HID Mobile Access® solution for opening doors and gates with smartphones, and the company’s new ActivID Tap Authentication for simplified “tap” access to applications and web services from mobile devices.
- Kiosks featuring access control, visitor management, card personalization, IT security, secure NFC applications, biometrics and embedded solutions.
- Vertical market showcase: Government, Healthcare, Corporate/Enterprise, Financial/Banking and Education markets
- Daniel Bailin, strategic business development and innovation with HID Global will present “The age of wearables: Inventive applications for increased security and convenience using popular smart devices,” on Thursday, April 16 from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. in room 307.
About HID Global
HID Global is the trusted source for innovative products, services, solutions, and know-how related to the creation, management, and use of secure identities for millions of customers around the world. The company’s served markets include physical and logical access control, including strong authentication and credential management; card printing and personalization; visitor management systems; highly secure government and citizen ID; and identification RFID technologies used in animal ID and industry and logistics applications. The company’s primary brands include ActivID®, EasyLobby®, FARGO®, IdenTrust®, LaserCard®, Lumidigm®, Quantum Secure and HID®. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 2,200 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand. For more information, visit www.hidglobal.com.
About Mission 500
Mission 500 is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the needs of children and communities in crisis. By using their intimate knowledge of the security industry, they have helped focus industry efforts on sponsoring at least 500 Children in World Vision’s program with 100 percent of funds raised going directly to World Vision. Through corporate sponsorships and donors, the volunteer-driven initiative has increased the number of sponsored children to more than 700. For more information on contributions or sponsorships, please visit www.mission500.org or contact George Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org.